annerooo

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April Genevieve Tucholke
Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Vain (The Seven Deadly Series #1)
Fisher Amelie
Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
The Selection - Kiera Cass Uh, no. I'm not going to read the whole book. I think I've had enough of the characters' annoyingness to last me a whole year.

I gave this a chance despite the whole controversy and the amount of negative reviews, and though I don't regret not listening to those trusted reviewers who implied that this is not worth reading, I can't help but be irritated with myself for hoping that those reviewers are wrong and instead, I let myself have high hopes that this would prove them wrong.

From the beginning, it was hard not to notice America's unhealthy obsession toward Aspen. She was blinded by her "love" for him and the redundancy of them professing their love for each other - which was also a little too exaggerated - tugged at my nerves. It was also hard not to realize how the book tried hard to have something in common with The Hunger Games. I don't know if the author meant it that way but it sure did look that way to me. Did I mention that it failed way too tragically in that aspect?

I can't also shrug the feeling of forcefulness of plot. The characters' actions seemed premediated and too artificial that from the start, I was plagued with the feeling as if I was in a middle of a movie with actors that can't act.