annerooo

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April Genevieve Tucholke
Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Vain (The Seven Deadly Series #1)
Fisher Amelie
Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
Nenia Campbell
Gameboard of the Gods - Richelle Mead 3.5/5 - Had Justin been half as smart as he was supposed to be, he would've figured out it was Odin who was trying to claim him. The mere mention of two ravens or 'thought and memory' should've hinted him of this not-so mysterious god but woe begone, the alleged witty man didn't have a single clue. Also with the Morrigan. I'm not an expert in mythology like Justin is but the first goddess that comes to mind when you say Celtic, crow and darkness is the Morrigan. That part was rather anticlimactic, really. I was waiting to be surprised but I figured them out long before the characters did. Fortunately, there were other surprises that caught me off guard so it wasn't really all that boring. In fact, it wasn't really boring at all even with the 'mysterious' god and goddess being totally obvious. Like with Richelle's other books, her characters in GotG are outstanding. Justin reminded me of Adrian Ivashkov - imagine him as a grown-up with more wit and wisdom. Swoon, right? I also found myself liking Richelle's writing in third person. This is my first non-YA from Richelle so I was skeptic about this at first but I'm really glad I gave it a shot. Can't wait to read the next one. :)